How to Submit Your Podcast to Google Podcasts: Step-by-Step
Learn how to submit your podcast to Google Podcasts with this step-by-step guide. Increase your reach and grow your audience by making your podcast available on Google Podcasts.
Table of content:
- Create a Google account
- Create your podcast
- Prepare your podcast for submission
- Submit your podcast to Google Podcasts
- Optimize Your Podcast for Google Podcasts
- Promote Your Podcast
Podcasting has become an increasingly popular medium in recent years. With more and more people tuning in to their favorite shows, it's no wonder that podcasters are looking to expand their reach. One of the best ways to do this is by submitting your podcast to Google Podcasts.
Google Podcasts is a podcast directory that allows listeners to find and subscribe to their favorite shows. By submitting your podcast to Google Podcasts, you can increase your visibility and attract new listeners. In this article, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to submit your podcast to Google Podcasts.
Step-by-Step Guide How to Submit Your Podcast to Google Podcasts
Step 1: Create a Google account
To submit your podcast to Google Podcasts, you need a Google account. If you don't have one, you can create one for free by visiting the Google account creation page.
Step 2: Create your podcast
Before you can submit your podcast to Google Podcasts, you need to have a podcast to submit. If you haven't created your podcast yet, now is the time to do so. You can create a podcast using a variety of tools, including Anchor, Buzzsprout, and Podbean.
Step 3: Prepare your podcast for submission
Once you have created your podcast, you need to prepare it for submission to Google Podcasts. This includes creating a podcast RSS feed and adding artwork to your podcast.
To create an RSS feed, you can use a podcast hosting platform like Anchor, Buzzsprout, or Podbean. These platforms will automatically generate an RSS feed for your podcast. If you're hosting your podcast on your own website, you can use a tool like Feedburner to create an RSS feed.
To add artwork to your podcast, you need an image that is at least 1400 x 1400 pixels in size. This artwork will be displayed in the Google Podcasts directory, so it's important to choose an image that represents your podcast well.
Step 4: Submit your podcast to Google Podcasts
Once you have created your podcast and prepared it for submission, it's time to submit it to Google Podcasts. Here's how:
- Go to the Google Podcasts Manager website.
- Click "Get Started."
- Sign in with your Google account.
- Click "Add a Podcast."
- Enter your podcast RSS feed URL.
- Click "Next."
- Verify your podcast details and artwork.
- Click "Submit."
It may take a few days for your podcast to be approved and added to the Google Podcasts directory.
Step 5: Optimize Your Podcast for Google Podcasts
Now that your podcast is available on Google Podcasts, the next step is to optimize it for better visibility and search rankings. Here are a few tips to help you optimize your podcast for Google Podcasts:
- Use Descriptive Titles and Descriptions: Use descriptive titles and descriptions for your podcast episodes. This will help users find your podcast when searching for specific topics.
- Use Keywords: Use relevant keywords in your titles, descriptions, and episode tags. This will help Google understand what your podcast is about and make it easier for users to find your podcast when searching for related keywords.
- Publish Consistently: Publish new episodes of your podcast regularly. This will help keep your podcast fresh and attract new listeners.
- Encourage Reviews and Ratings: Encourage your listeners to leave reviews and ratings for your podcast on Google Podcasts. Positive reviews and ratings can help increase your podcast's visibility and attract new listeners.
Step 6: Promote Your Podcast
Finally, once your podcast is available on Google Podcasts, the next step is to promote it to your audience. Here are a few tips to help you promote your podcast on Google Podcasts:
- Share Your Podcast on Social Media: Share your podcast episodes on social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. This will help you reach a wider audience and attract new listeners.
- Collaborate with Other Podcasters: Collaborate with other podcasters in your niche to cross-promote each other's podcasts. This can help you reach a wider audience and attract new listeners.
- Leverage Paid Advertising: Consider using paid advertising on Google or social media platforms to promote your podcast to a wider audience.
Do I need to have a certain number of episodes before I can submit my podcast to Google Podcasts?
No, there is no minimum number of episodes required to submit your podcast to Google Podcasts. However, it's a good idea to have at least a few episodes published before submitting your podcast.
Is it free to submit my podcast to Google Podcasts?
Yes, submitting your podcast to Google Podcasts is completely free.
Can I edit my podcast information after it has been submitted to Google Podcasts?
Yes, you can edit your podcast information at any time by logging in to the Google Podcasts Manager website.
Read our other Blog Posts
- How To Use Google assistant
- How To Delete Google Business account
- How To Sign out of Google account on Android
- How To Check Gmail Storage
Submitting your podcast to Google Podcasts is a great way to increase your reach and grow your audience. By following this step-by-step guide, you can submit your podcast to Google Podcasts and attract new listeners